Tuesday, June 13, 2017

A Poem called "Slammed"

Slammed,

You slammed me,
just for your own benefit,
you hurt me,
just so you can continue the story of your social construction,
SLAM!
I feel hurt,
SLAM!
I am bleeding,
SLAM!
I am CUT!
I am hurting, bleeding, and having trouble scarring the blood,
Whatever you say,
Whatever you do,
Whatever is said by you,
I try to say what I have to say,
I try to say what I want to say,
I try to say what I know,
I try to say what I learn everyday,
I try to dispute your social construction,
but I am SLAMMED,
I am hurt,
I am bleeding,
I cannot fathom what else to do,
I cannot continue what you want me to do
so I can live the rest of my days with you.
How dare you?
How dare you?
How dare you?
SLAM!
I am bleeding.
SLAM!
I am knocked down to the ground.
SLAM!
I am crawling on my knees
trying to find a place to heal.
SLAM, SLAM, SLAMMED!
I feel hurt.
I feel disrespected.
I feel as though I cannot live my life with you.
I feel tortured by this social construction
that seems to not be as real as you want it to be.
SLAM!
I know everyone likes me and I know how everyone feels about me,
SLAM!
I am not sure what else to do to show you this.
Urging myself to let it go,
urging myself to continue what I want to do.
Urging myself to be the selfless person I am.
Urging myself to ignore your lies.
Urging myself to just not listen to that social construction.
I know who I am.
I am very aware of what I want in my life.
I am very aware of things I need for myself.
and, most importantly,
I am very aware of the people around me who like me.
I just don't like your lies.
I just don't like what social construction conditions you want me to live in for you.
I am a good, humble, and open minded person.
I learn a lot every day.
Do I accept what you try to say?
Do I accept all of this from you?
Do I think you are not understanding me? Yes.
I hope one day you finally understand me.
I hope one day you finally get me.
I hope one day you  stop this social construction.
and, I hope one day I can live my life with you
without these types of social construction conditions.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment